Advocacy and Net working
Advocacy is foreseen to be a major component of the RCDS. The goal of the advocacy
is to build awareness within country for MDG 1 to 8, and to create demand for action
at all levels. The organization’s success depends on many factors, including an
enduring mobilizing structure; strong leadership; compete n t professional ,strategic
communication capability; and framing the overall agenda in a way that makes ,sense
to (often inexpert) external audiences. Advocacy objectives are to increase awareness
and action among key stakeholders, country leaders and other opinion shapers—to
formulate better policy, and mobilize resources for provision of civic rights.
In low-income areas advocacy objectives are to build support and generate demand
among country leaders, civil society, news media and other opinion leaders (including
faith-based) for basic rights . The aim of the advocacy is long-term behavior change
to let social capital grow and institutionalize enduring change.
The same core messages need to be presented to different audiences in ways that
resonate (i.e. hit the "What is in it for me" button.) This is the job of political
advocacy. The essence of advocacy is having the skill to present and frame issues
in a way that brings about changes in opinions and behaviors. People with such skills
– in practice, not just theory – are rare and need to be valued. In promotion of
human rights as spelled out in the Charter and Universal Declaration of Human Rights
including the rights of women.
Topics were covered during the awareness Advocacy campaigns?
- Demonstration of IEC material in schools for general awareness.
- The schools teachers will be guided soc i a l ly and technically by RCDS.
- Awareness rising meetings will be conducted.
- To raise awareness on preventive health care
- To keep sanitation a part of regular educations.
- To try to keep streets, homes and schools neat and clean.
- To be habitual to keep a waste basket in classroom, schools and in streets.
- To keep latrine neat and clean and wash it daily.
- To make children habitual to use latrine.
- To make children habitual to keep their body and dress neat and clean for this purpose
aware them from benefits of daily bath , brushing teeth and cutting the nails
- To aware them not to throw litter on the floor.
- To aware them the infection and about infectious diseases as well how these diseases
- To destroy pile of garbage as soon as possible.
- To make arrangements for the drain of sewerage.
- To Wash hands after using toilet can save from many diseases.
- To Wash hands before and after eating.
- To Drink boiled water and its benefits.
- To conduct sanitation week in schools if not monthly they conduct the sanitation
- Teachers should observe their students carefully and point out the things in which
they are lacking.
- Check should be by teachers on students as their nail cutting hair cutting neat
and clean uniform daily and all such.